Monday, August 30, 2010

My Best Friend (Day 1)

Not to copy that of several of my friends, but this is my best friend.

(please pardon my poor image sizing)

My husband.

I met my husband in officer training school. It took time to get to know each other. For a period of time, I admit I had a crush on him, and talked myself out of it. Little did I know, a year later he would ask me out! (See a previous entry for our fairy tale)

My husband has seen me at the highest points and lowest of low points. He knows all of my deep, dark secrets and doesn't hold them against me. He loves me for who I am, even when I'm not able to love me for who I am right now. He has shown such selfless love and understanding in many ways to me, and I think in a lot of ways I've been able to provide that for him too. We can finish each other's sentences and know each other's thoughts before they are spoken, have similar likes and dislikes, and have the same firm policy of no pets in our household--ever.

He can always make me laugh. I believe I've laughed more knowing him than the last ten years combined. His sense of humor isn't always understood by many, but we like to say that the things he says are the things I think but won't say. Our brains work in the same way, but at different points of the equation. He sees the answer, I see the process--so we work well together in that aspect. We compliment each other so well in our ministry that it's creepy sometimes--he's good at what scares the bejeebers out of me, and I like doing the things he has not even a millisecond of patience for.

I truly believe with every fiber of my being that he is the man that God truly intended just for me, and am grateful for him and our relationship every day. I can't imagine my life without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment