Monday, September 6, 2010

Reclaiming Life

Today was my first day back at the corps in a month...it's so good to be back. I missed it so much--I missed the fellowship of our volunteers and corps members (good reason), the ministry of service (good reason), and my "work" regimen (bad reason). Over the last few weeks, my workaholic/type A tendencies have really come into perspective, and I've found that while I've made some small changes over the last few months, there's a lot more that I need to work on or I'll work myself into a nervous breakdown before I hit 40. Delegation is going to have to stop being a bad word...and I'm going to have to take the time to train people on some other tasks instead of just doing it myself.

In the four hours at the office (I'm only allowed short days right now, adding a little time every other day...no full days until the end of second week back) I was able to meet with some clients and just start to feel normal again. It was a phenomenal feeling to pull up my hair and put on my uniform this morning.

Came home and rested for a few hours, then I cooked dinner--another part of life missed, taking care of my responsibilities in our home. I went all out--Dijon, soy sauce, and rice vinegar marinated shake 'n baked chicken, salad, and steam broccoli, yellow squash, and carrots. We even sat at the table together! (As before we left for Phoenix, I was eating in bed) Leftover servings of chicken converted into a sandwich for hubby's lunch and a salad for part of my lunch tomorrow. Finished the dishes, and now back to chillin' out...I've had enough standing and sitting up for today.

My dizziness is definitely lessening as the new meds build up in my system...no fainting, yay! (only 26 more days until I can drive again!!!), back pain is manageable--just need to take it easy as it continues to heal.

I am rejoicing in the fact that life is my own again...that I am starting to feel like myself and getting back to the things that I love. God has been faithful to me through all of this, and I am so grateful for people with solutions to my issues and those that have carried my burdens when I was unable to. It's a humbling experience to have to rely on others down to the basic tasks of life, and I pray that I'm not often put in this position again in the future--and believe that I will have more understanding and compassion for those that I minister who are ill.

So, for those that actually take the time to read my brain dumpings--have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment