Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Bunch of Nothing

Not much to report today.

Extremely tired from the get-go today, barely made it through my 4 hours at the office and couldn't leave early because I had an assistance appointment scheduled with a client for right before I was planning to go home. Made it through the stacks of mail on my desk that has accumulated since we were gone and claimed success over it, only to realize when I picked up my briefcase to go home that the mailbag we use to empty our PO Box had gone untouched--and it was a full one today since this was the first day the post office was open since we've been home. I also tried to start an order for the food bank, only to realize I was six days too early to order for the next delivery--which was a complete waste of time, because they'll have an entirely different stock by Monday when I can order! (and that was a double bummer, because there were some pretty good stuff in commodities and free stuff that will be gone by the time I can reserve it, but when I called not realizing my faux paux, they said they're expecting to have even better stuff by next week so I'll have a bigger selection) UGH!

Came home, took a much needed nap, hubby went out on a furniture pick-up. He took pity on me and just brought home supper as I was planning to make stir fry tonight. Oh well, another day for the beef to marinade--I'll make it tomorrow night as tomorrow's my day off (and a new series starts at the women's Bible study I attend--yahoo!!! I've missed going!!!)

Found an awesome deal online for a new pair of sneakers...long overdue. These are silver and pink. LOVE IT! Can't wait the 2-7 business days for them to arrive. Went on a short walk with hubby...a little afraid to go by myself just yet. Not supposed to be taking long, strenuous walks yet (like ones that actually count as exercise)...but we wandered around the neighborhood for a slow, leisurely pace for about 20 minutes before I started feeling like I would start to get dizzy soon.

Now just chilling out, going to bed early! And...that was my exciting day. Don't you feel better for knowing about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment