Sunday, July 11, 2010

Of This and That...

Been a busy few days....here's the highlights as I want to get off the computer and back to my book:

  • Third Day Concert--AMAZING
  • Trusting my husband's adventurous nature and spontaneously changing our route home to stop at Carlsbad Caverns--so cool!
  • Walking through Carlsbad Caverns and driving over the Guadalupe Mountains vividly remembering the description the author used during a mother/daughter cross-country road trip of these sites in a book I recently read, "Gardenias for Breakfast."--trippy
  • Rain off and on all afternoon--we so need it!
  • Spent all afternoon (between loads of laundry) reading a book that I didn't think I would enjoy: "Stolen Innocence: My Story of Growing Up in a Polygamous Sect, Becoming a Teenage Bride, and Breaking Free of Warren Jeffs" by Elissa Wall--I can't put it down! Likely going to finish it tonight, about 100pgs left.

Happy Sunday! Tomorrow starts 6 days of furlough--much needed (though, it is starting with a stop at the office before everyone gets there to finish up some loose ends to we can truly relax)

No comments:

Post a Comment