Monday, September 20, 2010

Stuck in the wheel

Today is just one of those days where I feel like I'm stuck going in the continuous, vicious circles of the proverbial hamster wheel. There's that cycle I get caught up in that I come so close to breaking free from and then it's right back at square one. Where's the breaking point? It just seems like things can get so close that the goal is in view, and wowie--right back to where I was, wondering why in the world I couldn't experience the end result?

Why is mediocrity so easy? Why is it so easy to let myself down when it comes to the things that I desire so much for my life? Why is it so easy to dream those God-sized dreams, yet so disappointing when the little things stand in the way?

Some days being a grown-up just bites.

In other news...the holiday season is upon us at the corps. Thanksgiving & Christmas planning officially hit full swing today. And, oh yeah, I again win the "World's Biggest Nerd" award--no explanation necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment