Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Things are never really as they seem...

...you know, the calm before the storm?

Why do I have this sense of impending doom...or rather, disconcerting uneasiness?

Oh well, par for the course.

Random day...great time at Bible study. It's fascinating to me that you can look at passages of scripture that you've read many times and yet be totally floored about what you can learn from them. Followed by car wash, picking up husband's prescriptions (oy, to wait for insurance reimbursements...why can't pharmacies just bill the 100% like our doctors once we meet our stop loss?), and a few hours at the laundromat to wash our comforter and mattress pad (we have a very small washer--not conducive to a king-sized anything!). It has been a very long time since I've been in a laundromat (okay, my summer assignment)...I had hoped to not live that fate again often. I never have good experiences there. Never. Today a lady got mad at ME because she left her laundry in the large-capacity washers and the attendant had to empty them because me and two other people were waiting for them, charging $1 a bag to get her stuff back (totally reasonable in my mind). Then another lady got mad at me because I moved seats because she STUNK of booze...I tried to be coy about it, checking my dryers to see if the bedding was dry and then taking another seat. I'm sorry, but please don't get mad at me because you choose to be looped at noon. I do nothing to provoke these people but walk in to do laundry...sheesh.

Starting to get the hang of this cooking and preparing lunches to take to the corps for two very different eating plans...I've managed to figure out how to at least eat the same dinner, lunch though is a very different story, and he's on his own to figure out breakfast. I find it rather interesting that those foods that are low in carbs are very high in fat. Hubby has to eat no more than 45g of carbs at a meal and 15g at snacks...this means a sandwich is a once a day shot, and cereal, rice and pasta are soooo out (sadness!). I only get 1000-1200 calories a day and a max of 30-40g of fat. For example, the same sandwich that hubby gets for lunch maxes out his carbs, but because it's diet bread his nutritionist recommended, it's low in calories and fat...so I can have sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...I'm tired of reading labels, so much to consider to buy a simple food item!

Anyway...my mind is shot tonight, as I'm sure you've picked up in my rambling. It's time for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment