Sunday, June 6, 2010

What's My Place?

I don't like change.

Quite some time ago, I was convicted deeply that I need to spend more time in keeping up my home--you know, laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning, etc. My husband and I have been pretty good at splitting those duties 50/50 so far. I'm not one that subscribes completely to the little wife at home mantra, but I do feel that I do have a prominent role in house making and that my husband is the the head of the household.

I had a bit of a domesticated mood today...when we got home from church, I sat down and planned out our meals for the week, made a grocery list, cleaned out the fridge (a few science experiments), went grocery shopping, cooked lunches for us to take to the corps for the week, and did the dishes.

It's been awhile...no one told me household duties were so exhausting. Give me paperwork and sermon prep any day.

But, the bottom line is that if this is what God intends for me, then He's going to pave the path to get me where He wants me to be as long as I'm paying attention.

It's going to be a wild ride...

Proverbs 12:4 says, "A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones."

Yikes...that's a lot to live up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment