Monday, June 21, 2010

On the Road Again...

...and this is officially IT until officers' councils!!!! (Actually, I think we have a mentor visit to Spokane the week prior) We are so tired of traveling, our suitcases haven't even been put away since the end of January. We're taking 6 days of furlough in mid-July and six days at the end of August (don't want to miss Sundays) where we intend on STAYING HOME AND DOING NOTHING! (Well, a camping romp or two, but close to home) I shouldn't complain, some of our business trips have been self-inflicted for some trainings we wanted, but the majority have been required events and meetings. Literally, one or both of us has been gone for some span of time every other week since the last week in January.

We're off to teach wilderness survival for the adventure corps boys at camp tomorrow. We're rather excited, we've never experienced a Salvation Army camp session, so it will be a learning experience too. My dad laughed at me on the phone earlier when I told him what we were teaching...I'm not sure whether to laugh along with him or be insulted! Granted, I'm no Annie Oakley or anything, but I do know the basics of what we are teaching to help them achieve their emblem requirements!

Just finishing up laundry and probably should think about bed soon...7 hour drive through the middle of no where tomorrow. Some parts are pretty, but there's a stretch going through northern NM into AZ where you don't see a single vehicle for miles ahead or behind...makes you wonder if you've been left behind. (Just kidding!)

Anyway...lots of pictures to come this weekend I'm sure. Have a safe a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment